LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xlCategory

Hello,
I am implementing a program which creates a chart in excel via COM Objects, and now I would like to change the scale of the X axis. I found the method Axes which returns an Axis and then I should be able to change the scale with MinimumScale and MaximumScale properties.
The method Axes does not work properly, because I don´t know how to define the parameter "Type" of this method. I found on internet, that "Type" gives the axes of either the X axis with xlCategory, or the Y axis with xlValue. But I don´t know how to define xlCategory...it is not a string, it is not a number, is it already defined in Labview?
Here is the given vi.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,388 Views)
I think you need the Microsoft Excel Constants reference page on MSDN. (link target is below)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbaxl11/html/xlhowConstants_HV01049962.asp)

It looks like xlCategory is defined as 1. Maybe some of these constants have been defined using LabVIEW enums in the Report Generation Toolkit (don't know), or by some enterprising third-party, but you should always be able to use the MSDN reference material to get to the bottom of them.

Regards,
John

Message Edited by Johnner on 04-01-2005 01:13 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,376 Views)