LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl Column and Row header using ActiveX

ok but my data go more than 46 row my xl sheet is splite two sheet(i try to print that data also take two sheet) .i attched my data and xl sheet what i use.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,340 Views)

You should have specified that you wanted the column headers for each page in page view. This is very different from on each xl sheets.

Add column headers.jpg

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,319 Views)

ya thanks a lot now it work and i have one more problem how can i change header text(data report screen) font,color,size,position and page number show.if your know any relatated link this topic send me. will read

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,299 Views)

@GokulGKM wrote:

ya thanks a lot now it work and i have one more problem how can i change header text(data report screen) font,color,size,position and page number show.if your know any relatated link this topic send me. will read

The best way to say thanks in the forum is to give kudos by pressing the yellow star button at the lower right of a post.

The best way to format header and footer text is by using formatting codes. So if you write &P in the center footer it will print the page number. To set the text color use &K followed by 6 hexadecimal characters RRGGBB, As an example &B&U&18&K00FF00Data Report will print Data Report in bold, underline, font size 18 green characters.

Ben64

Message 14 of 19
(1,278 Views)

k which proprity can i give this input  "&B&U&18&K00FF00"

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,245 Views)

header.pngok thanks got now.how do your get this information if know any link send me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,230 Views)

There is a link in my previous post..

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,210 Views)

ok i ask other any  xl using activeX properity methode links.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,198 Views)

Gokul,

By now, you clearly see that ActiveX, a technology Microsoft developed in 1996 and has now largely abandoned, is extremely fussy, difficult to use, and hard to learn about.  Each time Ben or someone else answers one question for you, you come back, not with a "Solution" or a "Kudo", but with more questions (this reminds me of a bad joke ...).

NI "saw the writing on the wall" a number of years ago and developed an enhanced Report Generation Toolkit with "hooks" into Excel (some of which, to be fair, use ActiveX, but they are "hidden" from the user, and a more User-Friendly interface provided).  I don't know your situation, but if you want to persist in trying to integrate LabVIEW and Excel, you seem to be faced with the following choices:

• Migrate to a more recent version of LabVIEW (LabVIEW 2014 and 2015 both include the Report Generation Toolkit in the base installation).
  • Take a month or two, scour the Web, find where the ActiveX information and Help is located, and learn ActiveX.  There may even be books available (I just did a search on "Learn ActiveX" and found tutorials -- if you go this route, however, you should expect to do some serious work and study, doing the exercises, etc. in order to master this old technology).
  • Hire someone who knows ActiveX and have them "on call".
  • Purchase some of the alternative Excel/LabVIEW integration tools mentioned in the Forum (read your own threads -- I'm sure they are mentioned).

On the other hand, you may decide that it is "easier" to just keep asking one little question after another, never really saying "thanks", and coaxing us into doing your work for you.  I'd give it another week or two before we all give up on you ...

Or, finally, you might conclude that (a) you cannot move to "modern LabVIEW", (b) you don't know enough to be able to do this particular LabVIEW/Excel project by yourself, so (c) you'll have to drop the Project.  Tough choice, but if you can't do it by yourself, then the only sensible conclusion is ... that you can't do it by yourself, so either find someone who can, or give it up.

Bob Schor

Message 19 of 19
(1,185 Views)