LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xcontrol locks gui

I have an XControl that is a numeric with large increment and decrement buttons, and a bunch of other features.

Currently, you click on the inc/dec buttons, and it calls an event in the facade to increment or decrement the value in the numeric.

I want the Increment and Decrement buttons to be able to be held down to increase/decrease the value while the buttons are held down.

Unfortunately, whatever magic calls the Facade.VI locks the GUI when it is called, so the GUI is unable to see the button be released, and it only triggers the facade when the value changes on the buttons. So no matter the mechanical action, when clicking the button the event fires exactly once, which executes the inc/dec code in the facade.

I tried to add code in the facade event structure to inc/dec while the button was pressed, but the button is permanently pressed while the facade runs in response to the button press.

I can think of only two ways out, and neither is good

1. Make this not an XControl, and do the extra functions some other way

2. Add overlay buttons on top of the XControl wherever it is called, that manipulates the XControl in the way that I want

I'm hoping someone out there has used XControls more than I have, and has a workaround I could try.

Thanks

FWIW the Xcontrol is attached (LV2015)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,557 Views)

Can't you just customize the regular control and make those buttons larger?  They do keep changing once you've held the button down for a short period of time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,552 Views)

The XControl is more than just a numeric with big buttons. It's a pulldown with preselects, and configurable increment/decrement step size. It could all be done without an XControl, but I am trying to avoid replacing all the instances of the XControl with a custom control and a whole bunch of handling VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,538 Views)