LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x scale not showing on chart

Hi, I'm using Labview 2009.  I have several Vi's that I use for work and things have been working fine with them.  Recently, I tried to add a simple waveform chart to an existing work vi.  When I did this, the waveform chart did not act correctly.  It seemed to not work even though data was going to it. 

I looked up an example wavechart vi and tried that.  It worked perfectly.  I copied and pasted the pertinent logic from the example vi into my vi and ran it.  The same thing happened as before.  The chart would not work.  I then deleted everyting in my work vi so that there was a blank page and again copied the logic from the example vi.  Once again the waveform chart did not work.

I then opened a new blank vi and copied the example vi logic to it.  This time the waveform chart worked fine.  This tells me that there is something wrong with my existing vi.  Some setting which is messing up the chart is in my work vi.  I opened up the example vi and my nonworking chart vi and compared them side to side.  It seems on the nonworking vi, I cannot get a x axis scale.  During my troubleshooting, I discovered that data is going to the non working chart, but it is not scrolling in the x direction.  If I change the chartmarking to a dot, I can see the dot update at the very right of the chart, but it does not scroll in the x direction.

I have looked everywhere and don't know why the chart would work properly in a brand new blank vi, but not in my existing one.  I suppose I could start from scratch and program the chart first and then add my "work vi" stuff around it, but many of my work vi's are large and I'd rather not do that.

Would someone please look at the samples and tell me what needs to be changed in the nonworking one.  I have attached a working and non working vi.  They are both identical except the working one was created from scratch while the non working one was copied and pasted into my "work vi" will all the other work stuff deleted.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,216 Views)

Odd. I am using 2014 and they both work for me fine.

Are you saying that this exact one that you posted here doesn't work for you?

Don't know what to suggest except start again with a clean sheet or upgrade.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,204 Views)

Yes Stuart, the exact vi's I posted are the ones I am using.  The posted vi labeled "not working" is not working on my 2009 labview.  Again all the details are in the original post.

I am confused as well.  Like I mentioned earlier, I would rather not begin on a clean sheet because I would have to copy too much from my "work project vi" to it.  I don't know how much my management would be interested in upgrading labview, but I'll ask about it later.

I won't be back to work until Wednesday,  Later Wednesday, I'll try to post a screenshot showing the 2 vi's next to each other and show how one does not have the x scale displayed at the bottom of the chart.

Thanks again and more insight is definitely welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,180 Views)