LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x axis scale

This is going to sound really dumb....but what i am doing is making a function generator.  And at first when i run an Express VI of simulate signal of a sine wave the graph would show up ok...but when i change it to a greater number of 100 times that it would give so many waves on it that it just blurs out.....how can i make the graph only show one or 2 cycles of the wave that i am trying to show?  i looked into everything and cant figure it....but if you cant post on here mail me at mark_gin@hotmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,969 Views)

Hi mark_gin

I would start by looking at the context help for the Simulate Signal.  The top part deals with the signal you are trying to simulate.  The bottom part deals with the timing or sampling information.  It sounds like you want the sampling information to change.  Lets say you are simulating a real world signal of 100 Hz.  Two cycles lasts 20 milliseconds.   We know that we must sample at at least 200 Hz to reconstruct the signal.  So our samples per second (Hz) could be 1000 Hz.  20 samples at 1000 Hz lasts 20 milliseconds.  So if we sample at 1000 Hz for 20 samples we will have 2 cycles of our 100 Hz signal.

I hope that helps.

Brian K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,947 Views)