From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x axis problem

hallo

i have problem in visualization of recorded data. i have having contineously problem in x axis setting. i have attach heir vi and mention a problem in front panel . your help will be admire and thanking you

BR

kalu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,593 Views)

Hi kalu,

maybe you should collect your data in a 2D array instead of using 29 1D-Arrays with their according shift registers?

This will greatly reduce BD size of your VI and so help to understand what's going on...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,581 Views)

thanks for reply but i am not able to get solution could you please edit on above vi. please

BR

kalu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,572 Views)

Were you trying to paint a work of art?  Nice lines...

But very poor code.  Follow Gerd's suggestion.  We offer help freely on this forum and are not employees of NI.  As such, you will not find anyone who will do the work for you, at least not for free.

Fixing this will be a good learning experience for you.  Most of us went through that.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try looking at some of these tutorials.

Again... nice painting

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,562 Views)

@kalu wrote:

thanks for reply but I am not able to get solution could you please edit on above vi. Please

BR

kalu

All I did is remove the duplicated constants(most of them)  Dude! You need to go to school.  Not art school

You may find the style guide a useful resource to improve your code http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321393d.pdf#labview_style_guide

What is that tab doing?  You really only need to check your watch once.  Nice job of re-inventing autoscaling (Just autoscale its only a Right click away)  Other than that... The code smell is pretty bad.  What did you WANT the program to do?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,515 Views)

@JÞB wrote:
What did you WANT the program to do?

... to display the block diagram  😄

Spoiler
kidding

It might be quicker to rewrite the code from scratch.  It's not that bad, just takes a bit of time.  And a good learning experience to get more familiar with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,494 Views)
Hi,
You should really consider just crating a 2D array and add data into it using, for example, a for loop.
Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,471 Views)