LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing to one digital channel and reading from other

I am working on 9074 cRio, and have a 9401 digital I/O module. I wrote a very simple program, in which i write a logic one to a digital output line and i physically wire this digital out put line to another digital input line and read it in program.

-I connected channels DI/O-1 (used as outputline) to DI/O-2(used as input line)  of same 9401 module with a same wire Its a very simple program but i don't understand where things are not working out. Please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,513 Views)

I learnt that the 8 channels are divided into two ports (0 to 3) and (4 to 7). and all port lines should be having same line direction. So i changed this time the input channel from D2 to D5.

Still when am reading the input port i am not getting a logic one

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,501 Views)

I have to ask the stupid questions:

Did you move your wire so that channels 1 and 5 are connected?

Are you sure you connected the right pins?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,481 Views)

🙂 Sir that was indeed a wise question to ask.

All connections and confugrations are correct. To my surprise i just discovered that the problem was with the power supply from which i am taking ground for 9401. I jst changed the power supply and its working fine. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,462 Views)