LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing on arduino

The video doesnt mention the need for the c generation toolkit.  Is this required for the toolkit?

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(874 Views)

Hi Paul;

No, there is no need for the C code generator toolkit or any other toolkit for that matter. 

Filipe

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(869 Views)

"""It's useless to the posters you're bumping threads for now. You bumped four threads that I saw in multiple language forums with this link. At that point, it's bordering on spam. All the posters can do is go and see the "solution" you present is entirely useless to them until March. If they're in a great need, it's unlikely they'll wait. You've offered no benefit to the threads you're bumping. You've spammed them with a teaser. Why? What's the point? I COULD be hostile. Instead, I'm pointing out what you're doing isn't productive for anyone. I'm assuming you're part of the group releasing the compiler. Otherwise, I cannot fathom why you'd post the link all over. Do you think a link without any REAL details about the package is useful advertising? 

"""

I agree. Who cares about "Coming soon!"  ANswer Nobody!

If it isn't ready for prime time why not go away until it is ready.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(859 Views)

Well...I care. If not for this thread and that response, I would have had no idea about this.  Now, I am very much excited and can't wait.  So I appreciate the post!  Thank you.  Also, didn't know about the C Compiler either.  I thought NI was never going to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(854 Views)

Thanks for this DailyDose. It was never my intention to get people this ticked off about it, and in fact I don't quite understand the reason for the war that got started. I for one appreciate knowing what is coming available in the next few weeks as it may influence decisions that I make now on certain projects; e.g start on a path that would take me months to get something working or wait a few weeks for a new release that would abbreviate that time frame. It wasn't my intention to advertise anything, but to inform. I would like to apologize to the group if my post violated any protocol of the forum.

Yes, NI does have a C code generator toolkit one can use to port LabVIEW to small targets. However, there are some pitfalls. The first one is its price; I believe it is priced at $10k or so. The second, is that unless one uses it with a couple of Blackfin dev board targets that already have APIs created in LabVIEW C code gen toolkit for, one needs to develop all of that BSP low level driver code and corresponding APIs as well.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(846 Views)

The next big question is: How do I use some of the libraries available with Arduino?  Like, if I wish to use the LIbraries that run a LCD display, how would one go about doing that?  Or do I need to wait for someone to create VI libraries...or make them myself?  Or....could I make VIs and just paste the C code inside the VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(845 Views)

Good question. The compiler will ship with APIs for some of the most popular shields for test and measurements applications (LCD, Serial, etc). However, we are looking at the possibility of making the interface for API development open source so the community can create APIs for shields as needed. This is still being looked at, but it is the direction I would like it to go.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(839 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

Well...I care. If not for this thread and that response, I would have had no idea about this.  Now, I am very much excited and can't wait.  So I appreciate the post!  Thank you.  Also, didn't know about the C Compiler either.  I thought NI was never going to do that.

The only reason you know about it is because he SPAMMED this board.

This message board will become a mess when this sort of thing is allowed to happen.

I for one do NOT appreciate the spam.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(836 Views)