LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing labview program for an MCP process pump

Hello. I am currently participating in an internship in a biology lab where we are specfically trying to control an Ismatec MCP process pump utilizing labview 2012. We are also using two instruments to control temperature and pressure using NI usb interfaces. I have been given the task of writing the code for labview however I have zero experience with any programming nor any experience with labview specifically. At this point, I have successfully been able to set up the usb instruments with DAQ and can successfully monitor the pressure of the pump and the temperature. 

I have downloaded the drivers given to me specifically for this pump from ismatec however I am not exactly sure how to write the graphical code in order to produce the effects that I want. Specifically I want to be able to control the speed of the pump through the lab view interface, be able to change the tube diameter and pump head, be able to start and stop the pump from a button, measure the time from start to finish, and be able to save the file under a name and have it visible on the front panel. 

I've attached the drivers to this message. I can get the pump to respond to commands and can get visuals of all that it displays. I just don't understand how to write the code necessary for it to change the speed and anything i consider complex like this. Would I have to have a numeric control linked into the command line or the parameter? Obviously it is hard for anyone to be able to know how the code works without having the instrument. But any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,151 Views)

looks like you input control the  "Pulse width Output 1 !" and "Pulse width Output 2 !" to control the motor speed on the "Inputs_Outputs_MCP_Process.vi"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,145 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Although I will give that a try tomorrow when I am at work, I am farily positive that the input/outputs for these drivers were designed to specifically write code for additional pumps attached to the host pump. This way multiple pumps can be run through lab view through one program. I was thinking it would involve have to use the "controlling the pump" file and have to be switched to "writing numbers for control panel". Then having to some how link this to a numeric control to effect an increase or decrease... 

I also messed with the "inquiring and setting parameters" and set it to "speed ?" and "speed !". But all that does is show me the current speeds. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)