From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing into .csv file sheet 2 and sheet 3

Hello All

I wonder if this is possible

I have a cluster of 3 arrays. I have easiy written the data of one array into csv file. I would like to write the data of other arrays written in

sheet 2 and sheet 3 of the csv file. 

I used simple open, close file function and write txt file function with the file path ending in .csv and it had worked fine. 

Best Regards

K.Waris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,767 Views)

There is no concept of "sheets" for a .csv file.  It is a "plain text" file that uses comma seperated values.  If you are trying to write to a spreadsheet file (for example:  Microsoft's Excel), then this is completely different and would also have a different file extension.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,761 Views)

CSV (Comma Separated Values) files do not support multiple sheets.  Each file is a sheet.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,759 Views)

What they said.  I'd also like to add that a relativly easy way to do this is to write your files as TDMS which does support 3 dimension data (not just rows and columns) and when using the free TDMS add-in it can open TDMS files into multiple tabs.

Message 4 of 4
(3,708 Views)