LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing data to a file

Hi,

I am using the following VI two measure the vibrations. By using the measurment sub VI, I can get the data realted to peak-to-peak voltage and RMS voltage. With the subVI, write to a file, I am able to save the data to a .LVM file. My question is, How can I add the comment to the output file, how can I add the info I want in the header of the .LVM file. I am using PCI-4452 DAQ, and an Ultrasonic Transducer. Looking forward to a reply, thank you.

Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,544 Views)

Hi ,

Try converting the express vi to normal vi by right-clicking it and then saying "open front panel".

It will ask you if you would like to convert it , say yes.

Also read this

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D5049E34AC44EEA549256F1E0075AF26

Hope it helps

regards

CLAD
Using Labview 5.1,6.1,7.1.8.0
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,534 Views)

Also read the other links given at the bottom of that page

regards

Pooja

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,529 Views)

Thank you for the reply, I will go through the link, Pooja. I will let you know, if i have anymore questions.

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,521 Views)

Hi,

I did find the URL useful for my VI. My question is, there is some unwanted data in my ecels sheet as the result of my VI. I want to delete that data and change it to according to my requirement.

I colored the unwanted data in yellow,

I want the description in 4 different rows, but now I am getting all in one row... i colored it in red.

I need a suggestion in this reagrd. I am attaching the VI also, thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,501 Views)
Hi Nishant,

I could not open your file completely as there were few missing Vis.
Anyways I have solution to your problem

1)For the data in yellow cells. Find the contraol named "File params " this is the control which is writing all the data. try modifying it by getting into the "LVM.vi" that you have made.
Try finding this vi  " ex_HeaderToSprdsheetStr.vi". Try working with this one . I am sure you will be able to do it.

2)For getting data in different rows. Add "End of line constant-" from strings pallette where ever you wish to change your line and concatenate strings.

I hope this helps you out. Let me know the results.

Thanks and Regards

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,493 Views)
Thax for the reply, I will follow the steps you explained. I will let you know if I have any more questions, thank you.

Nishant
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,477 Views)