From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing data in spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all, 

I am trying to extract frequencies by using Extract Multiple Tone Information. However, I am facing problem save the frequencies, amplitude and phase in the file. give me an error These cannot be wired together because their data types (numeric, string, array, cluster, etc.) do not match. Show the Context Help window to see what data type is required. The type of the source is Queue Refnum. The type of the sink is Dynamic Data.)

I have attached the file. Could you please help at this point.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,510 Views)

First of all, you wired the queue reference into the Signals input.  That isn't going to work.

Secondly, I think you are going to have to change your array of clusters into a 2D array in order for it to be able to be written to your file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,505 Views)

Hi Crossrulz, 

Thank so much for your reply. however, where I should wire the queue reference?
How I change the cluster into a 2D. I want to extract the amplitude, frequency and phase and write into the file?

Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,486 Views)

You don't need to wire the queue reference anywhere.

What you need to do is use the Element output of the Dequeue Element function to get the data out of the queue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author engkhalid

To crate 2D array of amplitude, frequency and phase you need to unbudle the cluster by its name and build these elements into build array functions. For your reference  I have made sort of thing in your code. You may see the attachment. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,441 Views)

Thank you (all) so much for your help. it is working properly. I can save data in spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,382 Views)