cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

HI

I am able to write my measured values to spreadsheet but i wanted the labels to be saved along with the values.

Also that i want each value to be plotted in a graph/chart.

Pls guide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,586 Views)
Try something like this. Edit: Sorry, unable to attach file (getting some error). How to do: 1. Read cluster label by using its property node. 2. convert cluster to array by using "Cluster To Array.vi" and convert to string (num to array func). 3. Merge label array and number array (build array) 4. write that data to spread sheet file. if u want label and value in separate cell, add comma between label and data.
Munna
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,556 Views)

Attach your Vi instead of some oversized picture.

What's the point of the FOR loop? Seems unecessary.

What is your LabVIEW version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,538 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,498 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krupa
Message 5 of 11
(3,483 Views)

Thats PERFECT!!

Thank you both for your support 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,472 Views)

I get the text and value in same column,what if i wanted the text in one column and the value in another.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,466 Views)

Finally!!!

Here is the code,it does exactly what i was asking for.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,444 Views)

As you can see,for few columns,manaully the column/row size has to be adjusted as the Text is larger.

Any inputs if that can be controlled from code??????

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,437 Views)

If you want to have the delimiters lined up, then you can format the fields to a specific length.

Add a zero to the front to make the strings right justified w/r/t the delimiter.

I used the string length function and a max/min to find the length of the longest string, then added one to separate one column from the next.

I also removed your redundant transpose an transpose input to the write spreadsheet function ( 2 transpose = no transpose:) )

Your while loop would only ever run once based on the comparison you used, it was not needed so I removed that too.

Write to Spreadsheet 1.png

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,421 Views)