From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to spreadsheet Help

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello, I am trying to use write to spreadsheet file.vi to store my energy measurement data to an excel file. When I open the file after it saves data it comes out in a row instead in a column which will make my life much easier. I also tried to put shift register on this for loop it will save the data in the file for all the measurements instead of reseting to only new data, but it gives me errors about connecting two different data types. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,549 Views)

What if you would transpose?

Transpose.jpg

---

While evaluating my code please have in mind that I am a LV novice. Therefore sometimes my code might violate some coding rules that I have to learn about myself. But how else could I do that... 🙂

Chart zoom with "Mouse Over" effect
Message 2 of 6
(2,546 Views)
Never looked at that!!!!!!Transpose takes care of the column problem. Thanks a lot Giedrius.S!!! Any ideas about the shift registers probelm???
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JayP

I don't see any shift registers in your program, so I don't know about that problem.

But perhaps you want to wire a True to the Append Data? input so it doesn't overwrite old data?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,513 Views)
As you can probably tell I am new to labview.I have taken basic courses though and that is why I always think of shift registers when trying to do something like this. I will wire a true to the append Data and see if that eliminates the need of the shift registers. Greatly appreciate your help!!!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,503 Views)
I wired a true to the Append Data and that eliminates the need of shift registers I was thinking about. Thanks again. 
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,457 Views)