LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to measurement file help

Hi,

I am a beginner. I am working on a VI.

But have some problems that I couldn't solve.

Here is the VI attached, I get on the output the positive and negative peak values which I then write to a mesurement file.

But now I just get my last values of positive and negative peak in the measurement file.

But I there were different values before that last values also. I want to save all the values, or every time that values changes on postive and negative, I would like to save all values to a file.

Would be great if someone can help me with it.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,584 Views)

can you share snapshot of your vi as i cannot open in my LV. some queries i want oyu to answer

are you measure you data by reading it form  serial port or it is an analog signal and you are sampling through ADC card.

do you use while loop and read data (from serial or else) inside while loop

are you using array for storing and data and then save it in afile after your read operation complete

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,559 Views)

Your Write To Measurement File is set to overwrite the file if it already exists.  Change that to append to the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,551 Views)

I tried with the option Append to File but then all the values are coming in different tabs on Excel sheets. I would like them to come on the same same excel sheet one after the other. in a coloum/rows

Here is a Vi snippet also attached.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,541 Views)

Well, each acquisition should be a new group, so it is doing exactly what TDMS is meant to do.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,505 Views)

I agree with you.

But is it possible to get the values in the same group ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,497 Views)

If you did the TDMS file your self (not use the express VI).  Then you could specify the group to write into and the channels.  It sounds like you want to add new channels each time you acquire a set of samples.  Look in the example finder (Help->Find Examples) for TDMS Write Triggered Data.vi.  It looks like a decent example to get you started.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,484 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

In the project, the analog input voltage is changing each time I acquire set of samples. So thats why I was interested to log all the values of peak of the analog input (1 channel).

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,466 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to save the data from my 6 analog input channels to a Excel file in 6 coloums, 1 coloum for each channel.

But there is an error in the connection.

Can someone help me with correcting it. I dont know how to do it,

Kind Regards,

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,426 Views)

here

Save_Excel_VI.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,417 Views)