LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write to lvm file

LV 2012

Windows 7

When I try and write to a LVM file ( Express.vi)  it says I don't have permissions.  I am the admin. 

Additional info:

When I go into Windows Explorer and try and chg the name of the LVM it says I need ADMIN privileges. I select continue and it chgs the name.

Thinking this is a Windows 7 thing.  Can find anything on the Web other than it says something about "elevate" my ADMIN privileges.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,704 Views)

What is the file path to which you are trying to save the LVM? 

Also, when you are going to launch the LV evelopment environment, right click on the exe and select "run as administrator" then run your code again, see if it helps.

Deceased

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,664 Views)

Sometimes, if your code doesn't work, it's because you have a problem in your code.  A few of us are so accomplished in LabVIEW that we can "see" your code and tell you where the problem is even if you don't post it.  I, unfortunately, am not that talented -- you need to post your code (the actual VI, not a picture of it) for me to look at and, perhaps, try out myself in order to suggest how you might improve it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,656 Views)

I may have resolved this to my satisfaction.  I created a directory in the root...say "Test Equipment".  When I maove the LVM file there and then place the correct path in the LVM express I can write to it.  For some reason I can't write to the LVM file when its in the root directory (C:\)  I'm happy w this solution.  Thanks for all the help.  As far as posting code.  In the area I'm in we are not allow to have any media that you can write to and we are not on the network. I try and post actual code when I can... a picture is worth a thousand words.  I just thought w an explaintion of the prob someone could suggestion a number of possible solution.

thxs..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,623 Views)