Did you mean: 

write multiple value in serial buffer using case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

my VI is here

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,230 Views)

Please take some tutorials.  Learning how to connect different datatypes to a case structure is a very basic skill.

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Attached is a VI that demonstrates what I'm talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,215 Views)

thank you for your  support. i have some doubt about threshold 1D how it works? like i put three value in array 0.6 ,0 , and -0.2 for value greater than 0.6 i want to write 0, for value less than -0.2 i want to write 2 and for other values , i want to write 1. but i get two values in buffer 0 and 2. and many times i got error message like this.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rushin010

"A doubt about how threshold 1-D array works" ?  You don't believe it works?  Or you have a question about how it works.

Look how the context help and/or the detailed help to explain how it works.  It searches for the value where it falls in the array.  If it falls between values, it tells you where in proportion it falls.  But you don't care about that.  Just round down.  That way if it is between elements 0 and 1, it will give a 0, between 1 and 2, the number one.  Between element 2 and 3, it will give a 2.  Make sure the values are in sequential order, preferably ascending (it may work in descending order, but I'm not sure.)

Your error screenshot is something else.  It means something is wrong with your serial port.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,186 Views)

i understand it. it works. thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,170 Views)

hello i am trying previous solution in this VI. can you help me? how to solve this error?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,128 Views)

Express VI's use that evil dynamic datatype.  You don't really know what is the underlying data in that blue wire.  You need to use the Express VI  "From DDT" to convert it to a real piece of data such as a double in order to work with it.  Look at the Express >> Signal Manipulation palette.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,120 Views)