LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write 1-D numerical array into binary file, and start with a new line or insert a delimiter for each loop writing file

Hi: 

I am struggling with writeing 1-D numerical array into binary file, and start with a new line or insert a delimiter for each loop writing file. So for every loop it runs, the LABVIEW code will collect a 1-D array with 253 elements from a spectrometer. When I write those arrays into binay file, and the next array will just stack after the previous array(I used MATLAB binary file read). However whenever if there is the data point missing, the whole array is shifted. So I would like to save the 1-D array to  N-D array, and the N will be how many times has the loop run. 

I am not very familiar how does Binary Write from file I/O works? Can anybody help understand that? I tried to use file position, but that function is just for write string to binay. But I really want to write 1D numerical array to N-D array. How can I do that.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,439 Views)

Duplicate thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/write-1-D-numerical-array-into-binary-file-and-start-with-a-new/m-p/...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,435 Views)