From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless sensor network simulators

Greetings Everyone,

I am very new in the field of wireless sensors and I am doing a thesis on them as part of my Masters in IT program I am enrolled in :). I would like to know which is the best simulation "software" for testing algorithms and applications in wireless sensor networks? 

The scenario I have in my head is as follows:

-an easy to install software that has a GUI, that shows emulators of wireless sensor network that also allows me to test applications, say written in Java, on those sensors and then check on behaviors.

-I would like to develop an application that makes use of an algorithm to minimise intrusions in sensor networks. I want to program this algorithm and deploy it in sensors in a simulation environment, and add threats to the environment and check on efficiency of the application running on those sensors.

-If possible, the modes in the simulation should support applications written in java such that I also play around with use of mobile agents.

Since I have a lot of work to cover beside my thesis, I would like it if the simulation environment is easy to use and learn and not too much programming overhead apart from the work I wish to put in (hence my GUI suggestion) .

Which is the best simulation for realising such a test?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,210 Views)

Your question is an ordinary question, not  an idea for improving LabVIEW.  You should post your question in the LabVIEW forum.

I'll ask a moderator to move your thread there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,199 Views)