From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wire appearance is different outside frames

Solved!
Go to solution

I know I should know this, but I don't.  Smiley Embarassed
In my code, wires from cotrols to case frames, Loop frames or any frames are sometimes have a different appearance than inside the frame. The wire seems to have a very thin wire wrapped around it...
If amyone knows why plese, tell me! See the attached exmple.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,307 Views)

Hi magyar,

this is very basic LabVIEW knowledge: wires show their datatype by color and thickness. The thicker the wire, the more dimensions of the array.

And another very basic LabVIEW knowledge: all this is easily found by reading what the context help window tells you about the wire(s)…

And even more very basic LabVIEW knowledge: the appearance of a tunnel at those structure borders tells you about it's behaviour!

When you don't remember those 3 very basic things you should (re)take the free online LabVIEW beginner resources offered by NI on their website! 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,298 Views)

Thanks for the fast reply. What you wrote I do know. But that is not wat i was asking. Please look at the attached image.

On the left the boolean is a straight lile with a sinusoid superimposed on it. On the right, It is just a straight line.

Why?

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,284 Views)

forgot the image..

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author magyar

That "shadow" (or sine) around the wire indicates constant folding. You can switch the display of constant folding on or off in the options.

Message 5 of 8
(3,272 Views)

Thanks!

I recently, for the very first time, I turned on constant folding.

Smiley Happy

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,257 Views)

Hi magyar,

the next time you want to show as images with fine details you should NOT use JPG. Use PNG instead…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,242 Views)

GerdW,

You are right.

I used the Windows Snipping Tool and by default it wants to save snip as jpg.

Thank you for your time.

Scientia est potentia!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,207 Views)