LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows media player resizing issue

Hi, 

I'm wanting to play a video in a subpanel using the windows media player. I want this to be smaller than default so I used container bounds to set the size. This worked however the player will keep going back to the default size when I press buttons and then will return to the defined size. For example when I click play or fast forward, buttons that I have configured to control what is played, the windows media player suddening goes to default size and then back to the defined size straight away, almost like a flash. 

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

stephen 

Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,515 Views)

Anyone? 

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,478 Views)

Hey Stephen,

Sorry to see you are having an issue, I have researched it for you and it seems to be traced to WMP Active X code rather than LabVIEW.

I will see if there is a work around this problem.

Kind Regards,

Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,463 Views)

Hi Natalia,

How did you trace it to the WMP Active X code. And thanks for that it would be great if there is a work around

Kind regards,

Stephen

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,458 Views)

Hello Stephen,

I came across this forum post, it has a similar issue, maybe worth giving it a try?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Windows-Media-Player-size/td-p/1310251

Kind Regards,

Natalia

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,426 Views)

Hi Natalia, 

Thanks for the suggestion but I already have that code in my program. The issue is with the window switching from my defined size to default and then back to my define size when I interact with the front panel. 

Kind regards 

stephen 

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,423 Views)

Stephen,

I wanted to look at your code but whenever I open it ...my LabVIEW get crashed... Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,418 Views)

What version of labview are you using? I've uploaded it again incase it works this time. Also I've included some screen shots in case this helps. Let me know if you need an older version saved. This is 2014. 

Thanks 

Stephen

CLAD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,412 Views)