From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 8.1 LV2011 High-Res Screen Issue

I have a new laptop with a 3200x1800 resolution screen.

Windows 8.1 has a scaling factor, that increases the size of any objects on the screen to compensate.  Seems to work fine.

Until I open a VI within an already saved project in LV 2011.

Note:  No issue with 2013.  But with 2011, the moment my main VI opens, this casues LabVIEW to revert and no longer scale; so it's back to native resolution- which on this 13" screen + 3200x1800, is pretty much impossible to code in.

This does not happen with other VIs; and it also happens with a built EXE version of the same file.

I don't have any scaling options set for the window.  I am not sure what's causing this.

(First attachment shows loaded project + new VI, second shows same after opening the problematic VI)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,761 Views)

Little more info...

I copied the Front Panel elements to another, new VI, saved it and then relaunched LV2011.  Opening the VI caused no issues.

I then repeated this with all the code from the diagram.  This resized itself when it was opened.  Other VIS have no issues.

No idea what's going on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,752 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,705 Views)

Thanks- but the issue is not with the scaling within the VI panels themselves.

Notice that the entire program is resized to native resolution: including the menus and the project window.  I didn't open it, but even the diagram code is native; 3800x1800 on a 13.3" screen?  I need a magnifying glass.

The feature that does this is a windows scaling feature for the enitre program, not just the LV-managed panel elements.

I just don't know what, in this particular VI, could be triggering this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,680 Views)

You are having issues with this VI only?  Are there other 2011 VI's that work just fine?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,641 Views)

I opened at least a dozen other subs, including all the subs of just this one VI.

It's only this VI.

I gave up for the time being.  But my plan is to start deleting things out of it and re-opening to see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,639 Views)