LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7 embedded japanese

Hi I'm using LabVIEW 2011.

I've created a VI and I'm using the import strings functionality to translate it to different languages.

I wanted to make sure that this approach will work also for asian languages and at random I've picked Japanese.

What I've done:

I went to my control panel in windows and changed the regional settings to Japanese, Location to Japan and the Language to Japanese.

I went to the LabVIEW.ini file and set UseUnicode=TRUE

Restarted the system.

On my laptop Win764bit I got the Good image.

Doing the same procedure on Windows 7 embedded I get garbage.

Even though when I open the imported strings file in Notepad all the Japanese symbols look good LabVIEW for some reason gives me rubbish.

Any help on undersdating why all works fine on win764 bit and not win7 embedded would be usefull

Attaching msinfo32.txt from the Windows Embedded Machine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,230 Views)
I've done some more tests on the device today.
The conclusion is that I seem to be getting the issue using Japanese language only, and only on the Windows Embedded.

Any Japanese native person's help would be appreciated here.

I've been give this usefull link by NI staff helping me out with this issue:

I've read a bit about MUI pack and my understanding is that Windows 7 Embedded 32 bit comes by default with the following Languages: English , French, German , Italian and Japanese. So I would not have to install it for Japanese.
Source:

I've followed the instructions from the ni forum link above , and disabled the UseUnicode flag and that seems to make no difference if I use it or not.

I've given a go with Chinese Simplified, and it seems that the symbols are being displayed correctly.
I don't speak a single word of Chinese... but technically it seems to look ok, even the menu items in LabVIEW itself.
I did not install the chinese MUI pack for chinese either and it worked I think reasonably well.

So from my playing around I see that Japanese seems to be affected ( only )
What I see is the Menu items are affected.

I've noticed that in the case of Japanese the system loads the Windows-1252 Character set instead the appropriate Japanese one for some reason why is the correct charset loaded on my win64 bit laptop and not 

At this point I don't know if it's more of a Microsoft thing or NI thing...

Attaching screenshots that show the issue on Japanese and working correctly on Chinese both taken on my Wind7 32bit Embedded device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,182 Views)