From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wind speed program

Bill, Mike, OP that device is a 6356 !  RSE is not an option it only supports differential AI DAQmx will probably throw an error.  Connect the gnd to pin 3 an pin 5 the AI signal to pin 4 the AO to pin 16 AI and AO gnds are internally connected.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,685 Views)
That's cool. The OP suggested that the wire runs were going to be long, so the measurements should be differential. I don't know what signal levels are that he's working with, but long wires and RSE spell trouble.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,674 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Bill, Mike, OP that device is a 6356 !  RSE is not an option it only supports differential AI DAQmx will probably throw an error.  Connect the gnd to pin 3 an pin 5 the AI signal to pin 4 the AO to pin 16 AI and AO gnds are internally connected.

That's good to know.  I didn't look at any details on the 6356.  I would've assumed all DAQ devices had a single ended mode, and since that is how it appeared to be wired.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,660 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

That's good to know.  I didn't look at any details on the 6356.  I would've assumed all DAQ devices had a single ended mode, and since that is how it appeared to be wired.

Once I saw AI1- not AI9 on the label I thought I'd better check the spec. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,650 Views)
Hello. That's mean the sensor GND connect to pin 3 and 5. The sensor out will connect to pin 4. How about the sensor +v connect to?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,597 Views)

@choonkok wrote:
Hello. That's mean the sensor GND connect to pin 3 and 5. The sensor out will connect to pin 4. How about the sensor +v connect to?

That connection is fine as is

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,576 Views)