From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why this program don't work without the "stop"?

can you tell me why this program don't work without "stop"?and why the "stop" of my program can not work?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,262 Views)

Try posting your actual VI.  The picture is invalid and won't open for me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,230 Views)

don't work without "stop is not seems meaning ful as stop is used to stop the work. did you want to say that you want your code to run for ever (while loop) with out get stop. in this case connect a true boolean constant with you stop icon

"stop" of my program can not work is totally reverse side of above it seems that you press your buton stop but loop is not terminated. this may be because you are using multiple loops running indenpendent or you have used event structure in your loop

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,214 Views)

Crossrulz, sometimes you can snip the URL of the image:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/823066/1/

The stop button is checked once in every iteration of the while loop, which includes waiting for the for loop to complete its 9 iteration.

The for loop takes 9 seconds to complete because of the time delay, therefore clicking the stop button can take upto 18 seconds, depending on whether the button has been read yet.

Turn on the highlight execution )light bulb icon) to see what is happening in your code

(2,201 Views)

贾倩倩,your appendix pic can not be opened in my pc too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,182 Views)

@yenknip wrote:

Crossrulz, sometimes you can snip the URL of the image:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/823066/1/

The problem is the attachment he put in there is somehow broken.  Perhaps it is due to the odd characters in the filename.  But clicking on it results in no action.  Hovering over it doesn't even show the link in Explorer's status bar.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,175 Views)