LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why there is a red cross?

I'm a new learner of labview.I did a VI which has a function of cumulatiive.But there is always a red cross when I connectiong wire.Could you help me ?Thank you !

---1110340050  MJD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,383 Views)
You can't connect an array to a scalar indicator. Clicking the run arrow gives you a description of the error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,379 Views)

You can also hover over the wire with Context Help (Ctrl-H) turned on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,375 Views)
p.s. Your code makes no sense. Why add the iteration count with zero?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,366 Views)

This will get you started.  You have a lot more reading to do than just that, though.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,360 Views)

the function of  this code is the cumulative of N which can be changed to your desired number

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,347 Views)

Hi there,

I guess you need to understand about the For Loop and the auto-indexing tunnel.

Here's the link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/lvhowto/auto_indexing_1/

But as billko suggested, try learning LabVIEW on that link that he posted, before going to this link.

-Ee Lim-

See that button on the left side of this post...

If you feel my post is helpful, all you need is just (at most) 2 seconds to click that button, to show your appreciation. Thank you~~

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,305 Views)

You should right-click on your output tunnel and select 'Replace with Shift Register' from the menu:

Menu.png

This changes the cursor. Use this to click on your input tunnel:

Cursor.png

This should then give you the answer you need:

Complete.pngFront Panel.png

Message 8 of 8
(3,246 Views)