LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the push button and stop button does not work in the case structure and while loop of my VI? (code is attached)

Solved!
Go to solution

@Hatef.fouladi wrote:

try this 

Hatef, please try to make your code thorough enough so that new LabVIEW developers can learn best practices from it.

• A neverending loop is not how LabVIEW is taught and shouldn't be given as an example.
  • You are also using property nodes completely unnecessarily.
    • One of them is a value signalling property when you don't have any events to signal.
  • Your loop has no timing, so it's a memory hog.
  • You have a race condition with the Stop button because you set the value to false in parallel with the case structure with every loop.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,179 Views)

James.Morris

you are  right I fix them 

thank you for your attention 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,160 Views)

First of all I want to thank you all for your time. The issue is solved. I still have some basic questions regarding to labview and training materials you put here. I have listened and read some of those materials and links that you introduced in the past but I personally do not learn that way. I learn based on mistakes and playing with the software and getting errors and also by asking questions. I do not read from a to z of something just as much as I need. Now few more questions for more clarification:
1.If we have for example two while loops inside each other, how does labview start reading it? From inside loop or the outside loop?
2.The link for the 3 hour training is not working. 

3.Labwiki link is not working

4.There is a link for RIO, I have worked with DAQ systems, would you please beiefly tell me what RIO can do that DAQ can not?

5.If I want to ask more questions should I ask them here or open a new topic (if they are not alreay exist or not clear in the past forum topics)

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,136 Views)

@SilasIII wrote:

First of all I want to thank you all for your time. The issue is solved. I still have some basic questions regarding to labview and training materials you put here. I have listened and read some of those materials and links that you introduced in the past but I personally do not learn that way. I learn based on mistakes and playing with the software and getting errors and also by asking questions. I do not read from a to z of something just as much as I need. Now few more questions for more clarification:
1.If we have for example two while loops inside each other, how does labview start reading it? From inside loop or the outside loop?
2.The link for the 3 hour training is not working. 

3.Labwiki link is not working

4.There is a link for RIO, I have worked with DAQ systems, would you please beiefly tell me what RIO can do that DAQ can not?

5.If I want to ask more questions should I ask them here or open a new topic (if they are not alreay exist or not clear in the past forum topics)

Thanks again 

Thanks for pointing out the link issues!

1. LabVIEW programming is based entirely on dataflow and parallelism. This is incredibly powerful and has lead to its success over the years (coupled with the graphical programming), but is usually one of the first things that new developers stumble over. Here's a simple resource to become more familiar with how it works. The Highlight Execution feature is a great way to watch how your application utilizes dataflow. With nested While loops, the outside loop iterates once, then the inside one iterates as many times as it wants. Then when the inside loop finishes, the iteration is finished and the outside loop may go to its second iteration.

2. Here's the updated link for the 3 hour.
  3. Did the wiki go away?? I can't find it now. That sucks.
  4. RIO includes an FPGA chip. FPGA is Field Programmable Gate Array, which is basically a programmable circuit. So you can deploy your own custom FPGA configuration that can do really fast calculations beyond what can normally be done using a processor. Here's more info.
  5. If you need help with a specific topic, feel free to start a new topic.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,082 Views)