From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why MAX don't recognized my daqbord/20001(it's not ni product) ?

hi all    🙂
i have daqbord2001.
How do you configure (add) a non-National Instruments DAQ board, which is compatable with labview (IOtech DAQBoard 2000 - PCI), in the "Measurment and Automation Explorer" for LabVIEW?  It currently does not display that the device is seen under the "Devices and Interfaces" section. 

with best regard.
🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,287 Views)
Far as I know, you can't..

The text on the initial screen after MAX starts states

"Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) provides access to your National Instruments products."

What is it that you're trying to do?  There should be a way to do it without needing MAX
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,278 Views)
Just go to Measurement & Automation Explorer Help and do a search for "configure daq board".  You should get five topics, two being a glossary, but the "Configuring and Renaming RT Series DAQ Devices" and "Adding RT Series DAQ Devices" should give you some answers.

Best of luck
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,274 Views)

hi Will.D 
I create *.vi file that smaple data from daqboard/2001.

When i click "RUN" button, pop-up message tell that my board don't recognized.

Message Edited by pro111 on 11-20-2006 03:02 PM

Message 4 of 10
(3,264 Views)
What kind of program did you write and what functions are you using? I hope you are aren't rying to use any of the DAQmx or tradiitonal DAQ functions.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,256 Views)
Are you using their (IOTech's) drivers to try to communicate with the board?  If not, try going here and registering and downloading the drivers.

Any chance you could post a pic of that error?  Or your vi itself?  Might help us with a diagnosis.
Message 6 of 10
(3,254 Views)
i will try to explain my problem in different way:

i have the foolowing items:1) DAQ board, model:daqboard/2001 , manufacturer: IOtech
                                           2) existing *.vi files ( from  IOtech website)

me qustion: whats steps need to do in order that labview will "communicate" with daqboard/2001 ?
( i know that for NI daq board i need to use MAX,  but i don't know what to do if my daq board  is from other manufacture)

many thanks
🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,241 Views)

If you know your hardware address, for simple read or wirte function, you can use LV In Port.vi and Out Port.vi to do your communication.

I remember I use this way implement a LV driver for a non commercial DAQ board, (8 years ago, :)). As we know, all drivers are written by using these kind of functions.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,237 Views)
Or, if you have programing reference manual, you can communicate with your board  using DLL or CIN, or Net ... etc.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,234 Views)
MAX is a test and configuration utility but it is not something you have to use. You presumably got something other than the VIs from IOtech. You would also need to install their low level driver. It has been a while since I've used anything from IOtech but I remember using a utility program of their's to verify that the board was working. Once that is all done, you should be able to use the VIs they have provided.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,229 Views)