LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which ip address to use for data dasboard

I have two queries. 

1) What IP address of the server do I provide while connecting a shared variable to the data dashboard of the remote hand-held device (tablet)? Public or private? Do I need a secure internet connection in the tablet to connect the shared variable from server?

2) My program is a sequential state machine such that only if some steps are followed in the current page, the program proceeds to the next page. How can I make my data dashboard perform in a similar way such that I can run the program in a similar fashion as in the main program ie sequentially. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,209 Views)

@shreya005 wrote:

I have two queries. 

1) What IP address of the server do I provide while connecting a shared variable to the data dashboard of the remote hand-held device (tablet)? Public or private? Do I need a secure internet connection in the tablet to connect the shared variable from server?

2) My program is a sequential state machine such that only if some steps are followed in the current page, the program proceeds to the next page. How can I make my data dashboard perform in a similar way such that I can run the program in a similar fashion as in the main program ie sequentially. 

Are you expecting us to help you with your job every step of the way?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,189 Views)

Apologies! Newbie here! But I can't connect to the server from dashboard on tablet. There are several ip addresses when I type ipconfig on the command prompt window and none seem to be working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,170 Views)