LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i am trying to create a report(using graph) in Word97 using Report generation Toolkit from Labview it's giving error in word import Module.vi that no such interface is supported could anyone help me out to solve this problem

Word import Module.vi is trying to call Vb project and VB components thru active X controls when it's trying to call Vb components it's giving the error no such interface found..I am using Labview 6,MSoffice97,Graph8
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,545 Views)
This is an uncommon error--there are no reports of it on our site. It sounds like there is problem with one of the programs registering their activeX controls. I suggest isolating the problem but first seeing if the shipping examples work. This isolates the program producing the error from known working shipping examples. Then I would uninstall and reinstall the toolkit because it is pretty quick, and I would do the same with MS office if the problem persists.

Are you getting any kind of error code?

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,545 Views)
Hi I am getting this as well the error code is

I am using office 97 and labview 6.1
I did have it all working and then it stopped, might have been when I put Labview 7 on as well as labview 6.1

Error -2147467262 occurred at No such interface supported
in Word Import Module.vi->Word Insert Graph.vi->Word Easy Graph.vi->reporting vers6.vi.

Is it anytiing to do with Microsoft Graph ? Should that be installed when office 97 is or do I have to install it seperately?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Adam Walker
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,527 Views)
Hey Adam,

By default, MS Graph is not installed when installing MS Office. Try running the MS Office install again and choose to install MS Graph.

This should hopefully solve your problem. 🙂

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,522 Views)
Well i have already done a full install of office 97 and the ms graph file seems to be installed.

I have moved my labview 6.1 to another machine in case labview 7 was causing a problem.

It does exactly the same thing.

Should I be installing the labview 7 version of office reporting tools ?
is it better than the 6.1 ?
The same?
Will it make it work?

hmm

I have had to resort to using vb script to move data from Access to Excel so I can manually make the charts I was making using Labvie 6.1 automatically only a few months ago.

Regards

Adam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,521 Views)
Hi Adam,

It seems that there have been a couple other instances of the same error occurring and the problem is a conflict that occurs with the Office 97 only. Somehow the MS Office type library has been modified and this is causing incompatibilities with MS Office 97. Have you installed any other application on top of MS Office that plugs into MS Office tools – Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Reflection?? If so, you will want to see about uninstalling or reinstalling those utilities and then reinstalling Office 97 to restore the original MS Office 97 type library.

Also, if you have a newer version of MS Office, I would highly recommend upgrading your computer. It seems that this problem is only with Office 97 and later versions of Office do not have this issue.

Thanks again for bringing this question up.

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,516 Views)