LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what tools should i add ??

Hi all.

What tools should i change/add so that when i type { eg. 123451R in the ( student admission number text box) } it will only appear other information,such as his name and grade???

Or do i need to make another subVI ??

Sorry for asking so many questions these  2 days :l

Thank in advance 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(2,746 Views)

I can't open your VI as Iam using LV2009.

Anyway,from reading your post I have a suggestion use a string array(control or indicator as per your requirement).Then it is possible to enter 123451R.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(2,740 Views)

I don't really understand your question. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to query the DB for the information based on this student ID?

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(2,732 Views)

i am using LV2011.

okay i wil try out ur method.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(2,726 Views)

Yup i am using DB.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(2,722 Views)

Btw the way is it  use a string array(control or indicator) at the DB tools select data.vi ???

On the point/pin called "condition" ??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(2,708 Views)

Can you attach a screen shot of your Block diagram?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(2,704 Views)

fyp.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(2,697 Views)

Btw the way is it  use a string array(control or indicator) at the DB tools select data.vi ???

By doing so,what you are trying to achieve?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(2,691 Views)

when i type something  , eg 123451R, at the "student admission number" ( the textbox) .

I wan to get this student details, such as his name and his grade on the table.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(2,688 Views)