From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the syntax for switch multiple on pxi-2586

I'm trying to use the niSwitch Disconnect Channels VI, but my syntax is not working.  I'm using the string "ch2->com2", but recieve the following error:

Error -1074115640 occurred at niSwitch Disconnect Channels (Multiple).vi

Possible reason(s):
Device identifier not specified in the list entry.

Line Number: 1
Position in Line: 1

Status Code: -200055

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,022 Views)

That string works find for me with my simulated device.  Can you share some code that might point to something else?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,011 Views)

I am getting that same error message directly from NI-SWITCH Soft Panel with 2 PXI-2527s in the chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,744 Views)

The solution I used was to use the actual switch references ie K1, K2, K3, etc.  NI called me about my issue, they told me somethingn like that somehow my configuration in MAX was corrupt and gave me a long procedure to fix it.  Since my system was shared with another colleague I was unable and unwilling to wipeout the entire configuration because of the affects it would have had on my colleague.  Since I was already using my workaround by the time NI responded I just kept using the work around.  I was only controlling like 6 switches, so it wasn't a big deal.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,734 Views)

Hi,

What procedure did they suggest you perform?

If you have a MAX database corruption, the process is rather simple and would not risk your colleagues configuration. You can always back up your current configurations and created tasks in MAX by Exporting your configuration.

Export/Import (Save) the System Configuration in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0E0D3D7C4AA8903886256B29000C9D5A

After a successful export, you can reset the MAX database which will erase everything you've created. After a reboot of your machine you can then import the configuration into MAX. In essence, this process clears any corrupted or duplicate references that may happen due to numerous power cycles of the machine or otherwise. The process itself only takes about 15 minutes and assigns every configuration you had back to your devices.

What is the Process for Resetting the MAX Database?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9

Is this the process Application Engineering suggested?

Regards,

Finch Train

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,729 Views)

Yes, he didn't give me that many details but definetly that's what he told me to do.  He didn't tell me that I could restore the configuration but either way I knew I could not reboot the machine as it was the host to a real time application that I couldn't interupt.  He was pretty confident that it would have fixed my problem, so I'm sure it will work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,722 Views)