LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the minimum singal range for usb 6008?

May i know what is the minimum signal range for usb 6008 ? Is it 1V ? If i using AD594 monolithic thermocoupler amplifier is it enough to sense the signal ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,905 Views)

Was the thread started here not suficiently detailed to answer your question?

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=246200#M246200

Did you read the specification sheet at the link provided in the above post?

Message Edited by Conseils on 05-10-2007 08:29 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,888 Views)

because i doin reaserch on AD594/595, the output voltage after amplifier between 20-50 is jz 0.smthing volt, and the person state that he din use the usb 6008 be4, but according somebody that reply my forum previosuly says that my spec for usb 6008 the minimum requirement for the input signal range is +- 1V so i not sure whteher this amplifier can be use or not

The following is the pdf about the AD594/A595.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,880 Views)

IF the maximum suitable supply voltage was used for the device, that is +/- 15v. THEN you might get 14.5v out of the device.

But AS you would be using 5v from the USB 6008 you will get a maximum of around 4.5v (this device won't generate more volts than the power supply).

The previous person... "Avarg" is quite correct... but I suspect you have not followed through on the logic of his comments.

I quote "the minimum voltage range for the AI is +/- 1 V"

This means that the most sensitive range is the +/- 1v range.

To re quote "Avarg"

"The point is to make the thermocouple's signal go as near as possible to the range limits, so that you can take advantage of the full range scale."

This is what the amplifier should do for you by Amplifying the signal from 0.000050 volts per C to 0.010 volts per C

Thus utilising the full range of the A/D convertor, in fact with this amplifier; the minimum range is only suitable for temperatures between 0 and 100 degrees C.

Message 4 of 7
(2,873 Views)
so if i do conversion, i jz sraight away devide 10mV to get back my temperature?? cause yor statment write down is 10mV/degree C, sorry my english a bit poor

Message Edited by jex on 05-10-2007 02:15 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,869 Views)
You started to respond on the other thread then deleted that response.....
So the response is posted on the alternate thread that you started to responde to ...... arghhhhhhhhhh

You should be OK now... Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,862 Views)
sorry...cause i am newbie on NI, i would say sorry if anything i am done is silly or stupid, anyway thanks for yor guide, i will apriciate yor advice 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,858 Views)