LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is needed to run LV8.0 application orginally built in 7.1.1

hello:

I have a application written and compiled in LV V7.1.1 that uses traditional DAQ V7.3. It was distributed as a commercial product and has been out there for some tme now.

An old customer wishes to enhance it but I no longer have LV V7.1.1 but I do have LV 8.0. I've upgraded the project and rebuilt the application. What is needed on the customer end to run?

On my PC I have traditional DAQ V7.4.1 and LV runtime V8.0 is that all they need to install on their end? Will it mess up the original application built in V7.1.1 because that needs to stay in tact.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,114 Views)
They would need to install the 8.0 Runtime. Multiple versions of the LabVIEW Runtime can exist on a machine. As for the DAQ, you would really need to see what difference exist between DAQ 7.3 and 7.4.1 to determine whether they have to also install 7.4.1 at their end.
Message 2 of 3
(2,095 Views)
thanks for your reply, I will have them install the lv 8.0 runtime and then go from there. I did see a compatability chart on the ni site that listed traditional DAQ 7.4.1 with runtime v8.0 but I will do the minimal first.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,091 Views)