From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is DLL and CIN and how do I use them?%3F

Problem: Hi, I've been using labVIEW for a month, now i'm trying to do some complicated calculation with the data acquired with DAQmx. the block diagram will be way too big if I were to use it to deal with the data. So instead i'd like to write code to do them. And after some research in the help menu, I found out CIN let you write your own C program to do things that's not included in the LabVIEW library. But now I'm stuck at building a .lsb file. And everyone on the internet says about this DLL thing and how it's better than CIN. So what are they and how do I use them??
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,738 Views)

@XDu wrote:
Problem: Hi, I've been using labVIEW for a month, now i'm trying to do some complicated calculation with the data acquired with DAQmx. the block diagram will be way too big if I were to use it to deal with the data. So instead i'd like to write code to do them. And after some research in the help menu, I found out CIN let you write your own C program to do things that's not included in the LabVIEW library. But now I'm stuck at building a .lsb file. And everyone on the internet says about this DLL thing and how it's better than CIN. So what are they and how do I use them??

At least you told us WHY you wanted to know.  Instead of making a dll, check out the Formula Node located in the Structures palette.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,733 Views)
What exactly are these complicated calculations? You can use subVIs to keep the block diagram a decent size. A month of using LabVIEW and taking the free tutorials should have made you aware of that. The CIN is no longer supported.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,694 Views)