LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird table control behavior in application builder

Solved!
Go to solution

I am just made the program to modify the color of table control using property node (LV 2009 SP2).

In code level, there was no problem but, no any coloring in standalone application.

This is a quite difficult to debug because of application level.

I enclosed the source file and built application to verify this trouble in LV2009.

(Please run the code then just increase the #Channels one by one.)  

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,542 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labmaster

When I connect all the error in- and outputs, I get the following error report in the executable:

LabVIEW: Cannot load front panel.

The front panel for C:\Downloads\exam2\builds\Application.exe\painting_batch_table.vi could not be loaded but is required by this property or method.

The reason was that it cannot find the front panel of the calling vi. By linking the reference of the parent vi to your sub vi it should work. See attached project.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,529 Views)

It's a different error which can be understood easily.

Please open the project file then change the folder information in your computer properly.

You need to compile it once more.

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,527 Views)

I did that. I'm telling you. I see no behaviour in the executable, but when I link all the error inputs and outputs and see what kind of error is generated in the executable, it's the error as seen above. When I add the reference of the parent VI to the subVI and link that to the first Property Node "Panel", it works fine.

Have a look at my project and check if it works with you too.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,521 Views)

Okay, I just opened the code.

Thanks, the problem is solved.

But I don't understand why the results in both envrionments (code and application) are different.

Strictly, you are really right but my code has been used in both environments of since ver 8.0 and had no problem.

Additionally, I experienced some strange things in LV 2009 compare to others.

Can you identify my shift register of reference in the For loop of Sub code?

Sometimes, there is an error problem when I didn't use the shift register.

Suddenly, the reference out from the first For loop was invalid (by checking the reference value of 0) just before going to second loop (disabled now).

Is there anybody experence in this kind of trouble?  

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,519 Views)

I enabled the 'disabled diagram' and didn't notice any problems. 

As it's a reference, the shift registers aren't necessary and thus didn't see any difference between using the direct coupled or when using a shift register.

I cleaned up a bit your code, but it should be fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,513 Views)

Glad you got it working- I'll explain what happened.  The VI property node on your BD defaults to "This VI" if there is no input referance.  Check your build spec! you remove FP's of dependancies!Smiley Surprised and of course you must have a FP to defer FP updates.

Aside: since you are coloring rows you can simplify you code by using row,col = X,-2 and select the whole row (speedier than pemutating through the cells 1 by 1 even with the defer FP)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,505 Views)

Thanks for the comments.

I tried with This VI reference in my office more.

Still strangely, when I used This VI reference, my code was freezed though no found any problem in small code.

There were severe problem in almost all UI control or indicator.

For example, Boolean button was not update when I force to unpressed state.

Table was not updated.  

Is there any other way to try by no using VI-reference?

labmaster

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,495 Views)