LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weighted mean

Hi,

I want to calculate weigthed pressure mean ,weigthed mean value, Geomatric mean and standard deviation .

Can anyone help me.I am new to lab view

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,148 Views)

This isn't actually a LabVIEW question, it is more of a math question.

Once you know the math to calculate these things, then you can implement that math in LabVIEW code using many of the basic math primitives.  For a normal mean and standard deviation, LabVIEW already includes functions to calculate them for you.

Message 2 of 6
(4,146 Views)

thanx for the answer i know it mathematically but i dnt know how to use them in labview thas why i posted the question

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,140 Views)

For standard deviation, there is ready-to-use function (hint: use quickdrop).

There is no pre-written weighted mean function as weighing is very specific..... but you can have an unweighted mean again ready-to-use.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,127 Views)

Weighted Average is typically just a simple multiplying of two arrays (the array of data and then the array of weights) and then summing the array (Add Array Elements will be useful here).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,102 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Weighted Average is typically just a simple multiplying of two arrays (the array of data and then the array of weights) and then summing the array (Add Array Elements will be useful here).

... if the array of weights is normalized so the elements add up to a sum of 1. Else you also need to divide by the sum of weights. (details)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,084 Views)