LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webservices : can't debug

Hi ,

I have upgrade a long running LabVIEW 2010 application (on windows) with webservices. It now has a web-based front-end, that communicates with the LabVIEW-application via webservices.

Everything is working well, but I want to be able to debug the deployed webservice-communication VI.

This should be possible using this method : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/ws_debugging/

However, when I select the webservice and click connect, no front panel opens. In the build-properties of the webservices, debugging is enabled.

How can I open the front panel and debug my deployed VI?

A 2nd question :

the webservices are being used to so that the local webserver can request data to labVIEW. So the deployed webservice VI needs to be able to communcate with the host application (on the same PC).

I found out that using TCP socket communication works well. But for every request, I need to open the connection, request data, send data back, and close the connection.

I wasn't able to keep the TCP session open en keep using the same session (application is pretty time critical).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,866 Views)

Hello Thomas,

Does absolutely nothing happen? (no errors/messages)

Are you using the webservice whjen you're trying to debug it?

Are there any breakpoints in your VI?

Can you try it with a breakpoint in your  web service VI?

About the communication:

Is there a specific reason why you need/want to use TCP/IP while you're sending data from one point to another point on the same PC?

You could also go for a (functional) global approach, which will most likely go faster with less overhead.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,827 Views)