LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service installer error

So far two ideas to avoid users manually replacing the script on disk is to either:

1) If you have VIPM Pro, make a System package that places the executable in the \Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2015\LVWS folder and the installer wherever you want.

2) Make an executable that renames the one on disk and then calls the setup.exe of your installer. 

Both of these seem a little clunky, but I have been having trouble finding a way around LabVIEW's installer order otherwise.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,390 Views)

One option I tried that seems to work is to rename the new file in the project, install it to the target folder and then run a bat file at the end of the installation that renames the old file and the new file.

This solves the install issue but not sure about what will happen with uninstall.

I attached the files in a zip if you want to try it.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 22 of 33
(2,383 Views)

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem described by John above, but with LabVIEW 2014?

Would it be possible for NI to share a fix for  "NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe" in  LV2014?

Many thanks !

Christophe | qmt | Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,279 Views)

Hello,

I am also facing the timeout issue in LV2014. @NI - Please share the fix.

Thanks,

Vairamuthu.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(2,069 Views)

enclosed the file that I get with NI Support

Christophe | qmt | Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 25 of 33
(2,053 Views)

Thank You for sharing the 2014 version. It works !!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(2,041 Views)

It's pretty funny that this is actually an issue. I'm running into this with a pretty large LV 2017 webservice. Why not make the exe have a configurable option rather than burying it inside the binary??

That said, does anyone have a version of this for LV2017? Ideally with at least a minute timeout.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,705 Views)

Hey Greg,

Here is NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe for LV2017SP1 with a bigger timeout that I got from NI France support.

Hope this help you or others who run into the same situation.

Regards.

Louis

Louis
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,642 Views)

Hi Louis

Could you send the PostInstaller for 2018 or even better the source code ?

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,415 Views)

Does anyone know if this issue was resolved in LV2020?  I am finally porting my code from 2015 and need to know if I need to keep doing this fix.  Also, if so, I am going to need another modified file for LV2020 with the longer timeout in it.  Can we go with 60 seconds instead of 30 this time?  Even with the 30 second timeout in LV2015 I still would hit the limit occasionally if the installer was running slow.

-John
------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,280 Views)