LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web server accessing vi

I am writing an application that requires the access of VI via ASP page. My requirment is that i want to access the value stored in the string of the VI .can i do this with ASP or Asp .net or with any other language.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,468 Views)
I would suggest that the easiest way is to have a VI running and output the value to a text file which you can then read in using ASP or ASP.NET
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,442 Views)
Hi,

It is possible to have ASP.net start and control LabVIEW by using ActiveX as your medium of communication.
You can use the many functions available in Labview to manipulate the strings i.e. access subset of the string before sending the string to the asp page, check out all functions >> strings palette. You can also send the entire string to the asp page and essentially write some code in asp to access subset of that string. Alternativly, you can also make VI write to file and then have ASP read that file / string for you to then manipulate in asp. I have attached an example of ASP opening a VI in LabVIEW. There are many examples out there that demonstrate LabVIEW and active X that you may want to look into.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Kurt
Message 3 of 5
(2,435 Views)
Cool....
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,424 Views)
Thanks for the replies i know this method of getting the vi data but i wish to reterive vi data without writing it in file or creating object of labview. i want to send a http request to web server and web server than should send this request to G web server to reterive data from VI .Is it possible i have read in some artice on internet that CGI is used for this purpose but i do nt know the exact method .any body have any idea solving this problem using labview 7 and visual basic?i will appreciate any comment !
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,417 Views)