LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web-publishing-tool's labview code

Hi Labviewans,

I am trying to publish a running VI front panel on to the web. In this case, the 'Web publishing tool' works perfectly. However, i need to build an executable version of the VI thus the VI code for web publishing is required.

The 'web publishing tool' can be used only when the VI is running under Labview platform.

I built a labview code to print the VI front panel and save the image in html format. next by activating the webserver active (one of the properties of a VI server application) and setting the webserver rootpath to the saved front panel image, i can then browse the VI front panel from the web (internet). however, in the client, it does not give the option to control the VI. It is not as powerfull as the 'web publishing tool' for sure.

I am looking the labview code that runs similarly as the 'web publishing tool', helps please....

Many thanks..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,382 Views)
The web publishing tool can be used from an executable. To do so, copy the htm file you created on the development machine to the target machine, run the executable once, go to Tools>>Options>>Web server and enable the server with the right configuration. This will put the right lines into your ini file so the server will be started the next time you run the EXE.

Hi Pro Active Veteran,

Many thanks for the reply.
I thought when labview executable is built by using the application builder,  all menus as in development platform are no longer available. There is no ''Tools--> Options --> Web Publishing Tools''.. Also there is no development machine as there is only executable labview with labview runtime engine installed.

Helps please..

Many thanks..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,363 Views)
First, I don't understand how there is no development machine, because you said you built LV code and that you use remote FPs in LV. That means you have to have LV installed somewhere.

Second, you can try adding the line

WebServer.Enabled=True

to your application's INI file.

Also, the menus in the EXE should only disappear if you uncheck Show Menu Bar in the VI properties. If you don't, you should have the option Tools>>Options>>Web Server: Configuration where you can configure this. If you don't, you can do this inside LV and see the changes it makes to the LabVIEW.INI file.

(3,358 Views)

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

yes, there is development machine but when it is all working, i would build an executable version of the development one. so the development machine is not being used anymore.

anyhow, i found that publishing the application to the webserver slows down my scheduler. since i m acquiring test data at a certain rate, the down time when browsed by any client stations in the network is not acceptable.

i am not aware that we can still have all the menus in development platform when converted to an executable stand alone application.

Many thanks. It has been a great pleasure playing around with the web publishing and glad to be back to labview.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,350 Views)
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/CE910645DA1AAB2A86256B14006C8C98?OpenDocument

This may help.

Kind Regards

Steven Bird
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,325 Views)