LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web-based installer

Oh, why the Academic licence now have to use the Web based installer ?

This is how it ends ...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,928 Views)

Dear Forten,

if you have a issue installing NI SW, and you are a Academic user, this is somehow take really seriously by NI. You should use your local techsupport instead of forums. Please look here: ni.com/support to find some related articles regarding low importance issues.

In this case you can use this link http://www.ni.com/contact it will redirect you to your local support based on the country where you are (you can even get phone support), or directly insert your question here: https://sine.ni.com/srm/app/getassistance via your ni.com profile.

This approach will lead to lower latency of Q&A and lead to faster solving of your issue. Forum request are handled by the community, but also by NI techsupport, but with low priority. 

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,825 Views)

Dear mr. Liptak,

the post was mostly meant as a joke, due to the unrealistic download of data, where the full size of the package was exceeded over a GB.

Anyway, when the download finished and the installer checked integrity of downloaded data, it discovered that, even it downloaded more than 2GB of data than planned, Xillinx tools were not complete. So I had to start process of download again. Hopefully, it skipped parts it already had.

The thing is, last years we could download DVD installation disks from the CTU in Prague academic server, and it took about an hour with a constant speed. Now, when the installation is downloaded from outside our network, the speed varies and it can take a day. Anyway, if I have to do this once per a year, it is fine, I have no problem with that.

with best regards, Zdenek Novak

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,773 Views)

No problem with that - i though that it was not successful. Still: each, even academic customer, gets one installation media with the complete SW bundle - nothing has changed with this (well actually something did change - now we are not sending the installation media as a set of DVD's, but as one USB flash drive - so it is even better for distribution). Somebody (e.g. VLA administrator) at your university should have this USB stick... You should ask around to make your life (even 1-2x per year) more comfortable.

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,765 Views)