LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform strip chart: x Axis logarithmic?

Dear all,

this i a question for fine tunig the optical appearence of my front panel:

(How) Can I have a logarithmic x-axis (Time) for my waveform chart? for my charts, the x-axis log option is greyed out. I want to see my data from a huge time span, but i need mor details of current data and a good overview of older data. I Paint-edited an image of how i imagine my graph (generic data):

waveform graph.JPG

recent data is continously added at the right side and from there travels to the left. while recent data is displayed in great detail, older data is compressed to give more of an overview.

currently, i only have a linear x scale.

Thank you for answers!

Best,

OPCler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,744 Views)

A chart simply takes a point of data fed to it and plots it.  You can't change the X-axis to log.  You could make a graph act like a chart by maintaining your own buffer of data in an array.  The graphs can be set to log scales byt righ-clicking the scale > Mapping > Logarithmic.

A better solution is probably to set up two graphs.  One with your overview and one with the zoomed in part.  You could control the data displayed in the zoom with the cursors in the overview.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,732 Views)