LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform multiple plots with waveform data type

Hi,

I currently hava a waveform chart that displays one plot with individual time for each data point. Now I try to get two plots but it doesn't work. I changed the initialization constant to a waveform data type containing an array of two values and loaded the chart with an array of two values for each time a new data point (with two values) is available. But the result is that both values are put into the same plot.

I attach my VI

Thanks for any help

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,838 Views)

Hi Martin (from Germany?),

where in your VI do you want to show more than one plot in your chart?

In all places where you access the chart you still wiring a single waveform to the chart!

Guess what: a single waveform makes a single plot.

Hint: what will happen, when you start to wire an array of waveforms to your chart?

On your VI:

- too many local variables.

- why are there unwired terminals of all those controls/indicators?

- why do you have a timeout event and additionally a wait function?

- Clean up your BD, lots of hidden and non-straight wires…

- why is there a shift register for the "terminal" string, when it is used (and wired!) in just one state of your staemachine?

Lots of problems because of missing DATAFLOW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,828 Views)

Hi Gerd,

it is in "COM-Aktion" - "True" - "No Error" (I hope this makes it clear) I want the Konz and Temp value to go to two different plots in one chart or at least over the same x-axis. I had a convert double to 1D-array before, it is still there.

Concerning your other points: I am pretty new to LV and at the moment I just need to change a few things, no time for more

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,816 Views)

Hi Martin,

you still don't notice the difference between a waveform with two samples ("Konz and Temp converted to array") and an array of two waveforms…

You need to provide an array of waveforms to have more than one plot!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,812 Views)