LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform index 0 of 1 error

I am getting "waveform index 0 of 1 error-The waveform dt parameter is <= 0." error from my lab data in page 2 part of my vi, despite adding time channel info.
Can you take a look

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,155 Views)

Hey John,

By observing your data, there are many frequency components with "Inf" tags, which is going to convert to "0" (zero), as 1/Inf = 0, i.e. dt = 0.

When you feed this data to FFT measurement, the algorithm rejects this undefined value and gives error as mentioned. 

Please try to remove those values and then try again, it will work.

Regards,

DCKAN

Best Regards,
DCKAN

"We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,124 Views)

My friend,

Torque and angular frequency are data coming from sensors. Those are required data for my FFT and angular frequency data is different from sampling frequency info.  Therefore I seperated them and used just Torque data for FFT.

However since read from measurement file vi does not read time channel, i cant move on and FFT vi gives me error

How can i use first row of my data file as time channel. Is there a format error in txt file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,105 Views)

@JohnDoe22222 wrote:

My friend,

How can i use first row of my data file as time channel. Is there a format error in txt file?

Capture.PNG

Crazy scary working with the scan from string and time in an odd format but that should work

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,095 Views)

I still dont understand. How can i get time info from "read form measurement express vi" for my waveform data. It drives me crazy. I can get datas via express vi but cant get time info with data

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,090 Views)

The express vi is not general enough to do what you want.

Try this:

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,081 Views)

I added time info with build waveform function by giving magnitude(get from express vi), t0(set it 0), dt(reciprocal of my sampling rate)

I am adding picture of it.

Thank you for help 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,070 Views)

I have made something that may solve your issue...

Regards

DCKAN

Best Regards,
DCKAN

"We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give."
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,034 Views)