LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform graph problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm sorry but I don't believe I can be of any further help - I'm uncertain what it is you want next, but especially without a VI I can't begin to guess. I can only recommend the Core 1 and Core 2 courses, and the freely available learning materials posted in the header of this forum board.

I believe you have all of the components that you need to finish your task, so hopefully you can work out how to put them together as needed to finish. If not, the training material should be able to help you get things rearranged.

Don't worry if it takes some time to implement things - LabVIEW, like many programming languages, has some learning curve. It may be that it's easy to get started, but writing more robust code can take a little practice. Again, the training courses available with an active SSP are very helpful here.

You're reaching for some quite complex concepts, like Asynchronous VI calls and By-Reference modes of operation. These are quite a bit beyond the VIs that can be easily be written without a solid foundation, so a) good for you - be ambitious! and b) perhaps try to solidify some of the previous concepts before overstretching too far - if you have a lot of different ideas to learn at once it becomes more difficult to form a solid understanding of the basics.

I would caution against using too many separate controls and indicators on a VI - try to use SubVIs where appropriate and break down tasks into small parts that can be easily tackled. If you place a lot of graphs, not only will it be harder to move around on the front panel, but your Block Diagram will inevitably become more complicated. Effectively using Arrays and Clusters will drastically reduce the number of wires on a diagram, along with the necessary number of nodes, which improves readability immensely.

Good luck with your assignment - perhaps someone else will better understand your problem and can give fuller help. All I can say at this point is that I wish you the best and again, strongly recommend the training materials (Core 1 and Core 2 especially). 

GCentral
Message 61 of 95
(819 Views)

hi butcher

i get it but i need last one more help how can i acquire a signal for strain gauge using usb 6211 in microstrains i need some specific model program the same for load cell in kN and Displacement in millimeter how can i configure the values what else i need to do in that, this is it. can i directly acquire signal as a volatge for i need to specify which signal i need to acquire if that yes what is the next step? i have finished on my own everything i needed, just this main thing i can't understand how can i get the real time updated values when at no load condition i have a previous version this software and i could send a png file with this and the screenshot11 is taken at run time when it was connected to usb 6008, am i need to apply formulas for this i need some basic ideas to do that.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 95
(809 Views)

Hi butcher,

Pls reply to my text i really need some ideas tomorrow is my last day.

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 95
(798 Views)

the amount of work cbutcher put into you(r program) is staggering.

the normal way to ask for help in this forum is "one" question per thread,

not .. please build my program for me, ... and now i've got another question,

please build my program for me.

so long

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 64 of 95
(790 Views)

Hi again,

I have no idea what a microstrain is or what you're using to measure it, and your Googling is probably comparable to mine.

With regards load and displacement, you probably have the sensors already for these. I think we've discussed this here in the past, but it's likely that they have a linear relationship between voltage and measurement.

You should either check the datasheets for the sensors you have to find the relationship (and check that it is linear) or carry out a calibration yourself. I'm sure there are a great many guides available online, but the basic idea is place a known mass on your sensor, calculate the load using F=mg (if vertical), and then match the measured voltage to the calculated load in kN or N.

Similarly for the displacement - ideally you would want to control this using something that can make a known displacement occur, like a levelling bolt, but failing that you can just cause a displacement using for example a weight, and measure displacement using a micrometer. Without knowing the sensor setup it's difficult to guess if that would be worth the effort - it might be impossible to accurately measure with a micrometer (or it might be easy).

In both cases, finding the datasheets and checking for an equation will be much simpler and almost certainly more accurate. 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 95
(780 Views)

HI butcher,

I have sent you a actual vi i was creating for the application i have applied it with your idea and modified some of the vi's, it will define what i was asking, so this is it.

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 95
(764 Views)

Hi Dinesh,

please stop posting the same question in several threads!

Keep things in one place!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 95
(760 Views)

hi gerd,

I have created a vi using DAQmx with 6211 M-series acquisition card for two channels and i can plot it in a XY-graph and my questions is there any chance to view a acquired data versus time(sec) in X-axis, i mean channel 1 Vs Time(sec), i have attached my vi here,go through this and send me a feedback.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 68 of 95
(745 Views)

Have a look at the mixed signal graph..

... read the LV Help and tutorials

...take a look at the examples

However overusing one graph usually isn't really helpful unless all the plots don't share at least one axis....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 95
(744 Views)

is there anyway to plot a time(X-axis) versus acquiring data(Y-axis) in a Xy graph the vi i have attached here? and also how can i configure a sampling rate using DAQmx timing palette so that i can acquire a 1 to 100 samples per channel per second.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos
Message 70 of 95
(740 Views)