cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform graph problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi butche,

is that anyway to change the axis label for the same control we are using it for plot values in a xy graph i have tried it using axis name label property but i don't know how to synchronously use it for same control.

Thanks in advance

Dineshmeena

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 95
(886 Views)

I'm not completely sure what you want, but it sounds like you want the text value of an Enum, in which case you should use Format Into String and wire the Enum to the input (at the bottom of the icon) and then the string output will contain the text value of the enum.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 95
(876 Views)

hi butcher,

i need to display a scale label for respective channel if i select channel 1 i would like to change the name of the axis in the graph also for example if i want to display a channel 1 in x axis  the name in the x axis should change to channel 1 name, did you get my point?

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 95
(869 Views)

Yes - it's a little clearer now. I'm unsure which part of the earlier solutions provided don't work for this though - you mentioned the appropriate property node and I just told you how you can use format to string to get the text value of an enum if you're instead using a (preferably typedef'd) enum.

If you're using a listbox, you can get the string value from the Item Names array, indexing based on the numeric value.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 95
(865 Views)

Hi butcher,

I got a solution for that but another thing is how can i programmatically print the graph, i got a set of graph for each tab in a front panel i need to take a print of the graph and save it in a file in any format, would you guide me?

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 95
(858 Views)

Right click on your graph and go down to Create > Invoke Node > Export Image / Export Image Color. Then fill in the appropriate fields - file type, target, path and so on. 

The file types I see available are BMP, EPS, EMS and PICT. Hopefully that helps you.

If you prefer PDF, you can try this link: https://www.carya.nl/products/pfd-toolkit-labview/ but I have never used it.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 95
(863 Views)

hi butcher i have created a code here to print a graph evaluate is it correct or wrong? and also i need some modifications that i can't do that, actually i need to get a sample image every time i press save the image should automatically saved with seperate name and image , but in this every time i need to create a file, that part i can't create it. could you guide me, please?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 95
(851 Views)

To be able to create the new file, right click on the path (when not running) and go to Browse Options. Then select "New or Existing" instead of "Existing".

However, I don't think that's the simplest way to create the image you want. Let me suggest this instead:

Save multiple controls to jpg_BD.pngThis is the Invoke node I described earlier. You can create it by right clicking on the orange Waveform Graph terminal and then going to Create > Invoke Node > Export Image

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 95
(848 Views)

i have created it but when i press save it shows error i gave attached a image file to you.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 95
(845 Views)

Hi butcher,

i just found more elegant solution to print the exact graph but it should automatically save and it should also automatically rename itself is that anyway i can do like that i have attached a file with this check it out.

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 95
(839 Views)