Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform graph problem

Solved!
Go to solution

@dineshmeena wrote:

hi henrik 

i've designed a vi which it was similar like you but i din't know whether the values plotting in xy graph is correct or not? but finally got this ouput i need you to verify it if it is needed some modification you can text me that actually i designed this vi for the measurement of battery voltage
(AA)using DAQ usb-6008 for 2 batteries which was having different voltage if it is wrong then provide me the solution

I think you missed a few key points.

You should be storing the data that you read from the DAQmx Read, not the Basic Function Generator. That VI was used instead of a DAQmx function, to make the example simpler. (Additionally, don't use a local variable right next to the wire it references - just branch the wire 🙂 )

In the lower For loop, you use Get Waveform Attribute to get the names of the channels. Henrik used these to create a plot legend item - if you're not going to change the label, you don't need to use Get Waveform Attribute. Here, you're getting the information but not doing anything with it.

Also, why did you hide the stop button? :s

Attached is a modified version of the VI that I think does what you want (no label changing - see Henrik's again). You will need to change the inputs to Create Virtual Channel (I made it differential and set it to a simulated device on my computer)

Edited to add a backsaved, 2015 copy.

GCentral
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 95
(978 Views)

well i can't open the file my labview is 2013 can you send it once again for 2013 compatible 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 95
(973 Views)

and also i need to know how can i display it in a xy graph that similar thing henrik did  and also how to store the data read from DAQmx? i need basic ideas in graphs and charts

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 95
(967 Views)

2013 version.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 95
(959 Views)

i have attached you a png of the vi you send me but the DAQmx read not showing any output terminal for 1d waveform why was that? it was always showing a broken wire explain me.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 95
(952 Views)

here i have got a solution but when i was needed to take a values for different measurement same again for strain, displacement and load how can i react to that how can i plot a in a single waveform and xy graph simultaneously that's all i needed

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 95
(950 Views)

@dineshmeena wrote:

i have attached you a png of the vi you send me but the DAQmx read not showing any output terminal for 1d waveform why was that? it was always showing a broken wire explain me.

Is it possible you have, in the past, double clicked on that VI and accidentally deleted the output terminal? 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 95
(940 Views)

yes it seems to be but when i changed it to the 2d array it works fine but when it goes to 1d i was sure that something is wrong i don't know and i'm sure of that.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 95
(936 Views)

hi butcher,

is there any other way to select a plot in a graph like using list box control, I've tried using it but i need some ideas to get into it

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 95
(926 Views)

Let's go back to the beginning. 

You have 3 types of measurements. Are you able to make all of these measurements successfully? If you display them individually vs time, do they give readings in a range you consider reasonable?

Once you have valid measurements, what is their data type? Do you have an array of waveforms, or a 2d array of doubles, or something else?

Once you have your datatype, how do you want to display it? Both Henrik and I have posted solutions to your original problem, regarding choosing a pair of datasets and plotting one versus the other. Is there something the matter with these solutions? Please let us know what it is you are struggling with.

Don't just post another image showing a blank graph. Give some example data and show a graph with one of the plots that you want and we can help you to extend your solution. 

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 95
(921 Views)