From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waveform chart with current time

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my VI. What I need is a waveform-chart that shows incoming values over the current time (system time of PC). (x-axis is the time-axis) My problem is that the values that I generate aren’t shown in my chart. I used a property-node (x-scale min and x-scale max)so that I can change the range of my time-axis but that doesn’t work!

One problem is that when I fill in the current time and date with the range of, for example, 2 minutes, no values are shown. But when the date is at 1904 the values show up with a various range!

What I want to know is, can somebody build a VI that generates values for a waveform-chart with the current time and date in the x-Axis (maybe one value per second), and would it be possible to change the range of a time-period (maybe: 1min; 1h; 1d) when the values are taken? (maybe by clicking buttons???)

Please help me out

Thanks and a pleasant day

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,675 Views)

Look at example Create Waveform example.vi in your LabVIEW examples folder.  This should answer your question.

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,658 Views)
You don't have to look any further than the shipping examples. There's a VI called Real-Time Chart.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,659 Views)

thanks for the hint. That example is a good one.

But do you know if you can type in any beginning and ending time in a control attached to the chart, to see just the values stored in this period of time?

THX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,649 Views)
Try using the built in LabVIEW help for Get Waveform Subset
Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,639 Views)

Hi,

I'm using labview 8.0 Student edition and I do not have the real-time chart in my examples folder. I need to change my x-scales realtime since I'm transmitting signals of various frequencies. I've tried changing the increment, maximum, minimum, multiplier with no success. Anyone knows of a way that works? Thanks!

Regards,

Gerard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,373 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem as the original post here, however, I cannot use the "WDT Get Waveform Subset" vi/icon (which is the heart of the shipping example that has been recommended here,i.e. Get Waveform Subset.vi), because I am plotting a 2D array of waveforms (DBL) to graph several plots in the same waveform chart, and this vi only accepts one waveform at a time. 

The reason I am trying to do this programatically, rather than manually, is because depending on the user's "Rate" and "Number of Samples per Channel" inputs, the portion of the plots shown can change drastically.  The only time that it shows what would be expected is when the numeric values for the two inputs match, which would be expected.

Do you know if there is any other way of controlling the range of the x-axis, which is set to obtain the system time?  I have attached my attempt at it (which does not work :).  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,049 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,029 Views)

Hi Justus, my problem is exactly the same as that of yours and I would like to know whether you have been able to resolve yours as of now....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,930 Views)
Did you notice that this is a 10 year old thread? Please post a new question and include the code you have so far.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,893 Views)