LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.wav file

i an taking angle value from a sensor and displaying it in a graph on labview. I want to play the sound that would tell me the angle whenever it is changed using .wav file. how to do this??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,206 Views)

Hi Arushi,

there are functions to play WAV sounds! Have you tried them?

Where are you having problems? What have you tried so far? Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,196 Views)

angle is continuously changing so i need real time output like if angle is 10 degree then sound output is 10 then it changes to 15 so sound output should be 15 and so on

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,184 Views)

Hi Arushi,

well, again:

Where are you having problems? Where are you stuck? What have you tried so far?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,179 Views)

i have tried all the possible functions but only a beep sound comes. On uploading the .wav file it only speaks what is written by me when i convert text to mp3 to wav file. I want the audio to speak real time values besides what I have statically loaded to speak

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,167 Views)

Sounds like you want something like text to speech. Try this example

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-2263

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,159 Views)

It is not clear what Question you are asking, and we can't look at your code because you failed to post it (and, please, when posting code, attach your VI, do not attach a picture of part of the code).

Are you asking how to take a LabVIEW waveform that represents possibly audio frequencies and transform then to the .WAV specification so that LabVIEW can play it with its Sound VIs?  If that is the case, there are resources on the Web that describe the .WAV binary file format.  It looks relatively straight-forward (easy for me to say!) -- if this is your goal, read about the Format and then try to develop some code (by yourself) that implements it.  There might even already be some LabVIEW code out there -- another Web search might reveal it.

Should you get stuck in this endeavor, again, post your code, explain the difficulties, and we'll try to be helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,151 Views)